The SouthCoast team is seeking a Retail Leasing Associate who will play a key role on our Leasing & Tenant Engagement Team. The Retail Leasing Associate will be based in Charleston, SC and primarily responsible for assisting the Leasing Team in the inhouse leasing operations for South Coast Management.
- Assist the Senior Leasing Specialist with inhouse lease renewals. Responsibilities include maintaining an active engagement with tenants on upcoming renewals, tracking them in the company’s system, communicating regularly with other team members and members outside of the Leasing Team, as appropriate, negotiating with tenants as directed, meeting with tenants on-site as required and responsibilities as related to final execution of renewals.
- Assist the Senior Leasing Specialist with assignments/assumptions of Leases. Includes speaking with buyers, collection of financials, investigation of buyers on social media and other electronic platforms, determining experience of buyers and other duties involved to complete the lease assignment or assumption.
- With supervision and direction from Senior Leasing Coordinator, prepare draft documents for review for Senior Leasing Specialist and Director of Leasing prior to sending to tenants.
- Assist with the execution of documents as appropriate.
- Assist with various marketing reports required by management, ever changing and evolving.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of marketing materials / flyers for properties managed by South Coast. Assist in ensuring the most current version of property flyer is available on the shared drive in the appropriate locations and on appropriate industry websites.
- Create and maintain renewal status reports, including renewal pipeline reports for the Leasing Director and Asset Management.
- Remain current on retail, market, and consumer trends by reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals and professional journals.
- Effectively present information and timely respond to inquiries from senior management, co‐workers, tenants and third‐party brokers and vendors.
- Assist with other projects, as needed.
- At least 1 year of experience in commercial real estate (prefer small shop experience) or a recent real estate graduate
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- Willingness and desire for travel (approximately 15% of the time; some overnight travel required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks; flexibility
- Ability to manage shifting priorities & workloads, work with project teams, & plan project scopes & manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org